[Vision2020] Living document

Douglas dougwils@moscow.com
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 14:17:46 -0800

Dear visionaries,

I agree with Ry that necessary amendments ought to be made openly and
honestly, by means of the amendment process.

screen on to which we may project our collective fantasies and desires.
Want affirmative action? Never mind the Constitution. Want gun control?
Never mind the Constitution. But there is a price tag. Want to take out
Iraq? Never mind the Constitution.

George Bush is doing nothing except what several generations of progressive
legal theory have permitted him to do. But if you got off on a wrong road
twenty miles back, it will not help to curse the asphalt currently under
your car. (E.g. "No war in Iraq!"). You have to turn the car around. (E.g.
"What is the nature of constitutional federalism?").

Cordially,

Douglas Wilson